Monday, November 12, 2007

Just quit!

Welcome to my blog, where we can all share our experiences and successes when trying to quit smoking!

Today I quited smoking. I feel pretty damn good. For the past week I been smoking between 3-8 cigarretes per day. In my previous life I use to smoke around 12-14. My smoking life lasted 16 years. Currently I am 32.


What I did today?

Woke up, made breakfast. Chat with my wife, who is also in the process of quitting. Afterwards, I sat down and read for a bit, did some homework (I am a student at MIT). After duty, I had lunch, opened my blog, and in about 30 minutes I am heading to my Yoga class.

So far the cravings have been moderate, drinking tons of water helps! I feel free but at times sad. After all, cigarrettes where an important part of my life for more than 15 years......I am committed to clean myself.

Here are a couple of links that I found useful. The first one contains is more motivational. Watch the ads, especially the one about the coronary. Is really impressive.

The second link is to a more technical site, with statistics and general info about smoking.

Please post!

http://www.smokefree.gov/
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/quit_smoking/index.htm

No comments: